Friday, October 23, 2009

RUMBLES.

RUMBLES.



Rumbles lived in a dog’s body, but he had a soul that filled up the room, and Love that would knock you over. He came to my daughter Brigid, about six years ago or so. She overheard some fellow workers talking about needing to find a home for a dog, otherwise it would be ‘put down’.



She intervened and took the dog, deciding to find a home for him. However during the first two weeks she became quite impressed with his intelligence and his projection of Love. He was a funny looking Cockapoo, with black wooly curly hair, but was ‘lovely’, as she would say. Her partner, at the time, asked when Rumbles would be going and Brigid said that she was keeping him. I remember her calling me at the time, and I suggested she should keep him, if she wished. As it seemed to me that he had been sent to her’ She was going to anyway. It was also coincidental that we had previously had a golden Labrador on the Gold Coast in Australia named Rumbles. Brigid felt that this was ‘this’ Rumbles reincarnated.



After a few years Brigid broke up with her partner and she and Rumbles and her two other Shi-Tzus; Brody and Buddy, moved in with us also. We also had our own Shi-Tzu, Jai-Jai, who we had brought from a trip to Australia some years before.



I came back from another trip to Australia and the landlord was already starting to ask about the dogs. So we decided the only solution was to go and buy a house together with a large garden.



We bought a house in Delta full of trees, plants and bushes, with a big back yard, including a lawn. The dogs loved it and were happy with their new walks and area. This was in 2002.



On one of her walks Brigid met Ken, who is her fiancé at this time of writing. He also became attached to the dogs.

As I was home most of the days, I was the ‘dog-minder’ so to speak, and got to know Rumbles well. He was a very loving dog and by far the most intelligent dog that I had ever known. Not for tricks but for understanding, love and communication. Brigid put a doggy door on her basement door but the little dogs were afraid of the flap. So Rumbles, who was a middle sized dog, would stand astride the door, holding the flap for the little dog to get out. Eventually a couple of the little dogs learned how to use the door.



Rumbles developed some fatty lumps and had them removed in 2003, but soon developed newer ones and irritated skin. He had another traumatic surgery on the new fatty lumps. By 2005, he also developed diabetes and tumours internally, it seems. He also had become deaf, which may or may not have been due to the results of general anesthesia, as dogs don’t handle this very well.



I noticed him going down fairly quickly, and he was having problems walking, climbing stairs and getting around. Eventually over a couple of weeks, he was just lying down most of the time. On one good day a few days before he died, he came up to me on the bottom step, and I gave him a pat. It was a nice warm spot in the sun, but I didn’t realise that he was saying goodbye to me.

His eyes reflected the pain he was in, and he wasn’t having ‘good days’ anymore. Brigid checked with the Vet and it seemed the only way out for Rumbles was to end his pain.



Brigid nursed him all the weekend of 2nd April 2005, and after tearful farewells from the rest of us, on 5th April, Rumbles took his last trip to the Vets. We had all come down and said our goodbyes, and I repeated the Gayatri Mantra into his head, so he would feel the vibrations. When I had finished he lifted his head up and looked straight at me for a moment. (Brigid also repeated the mantra into his head all the time she was holding him at the vets.) Brigid said that he looked into her eyes when the pain had gone, and she saw that after he died.

This resulted in a lot of grief for the entire family, and of course Brigid was virtually unconsolable. She was lucky to have her fiancé Ken and the other two dogs to soften the blow.



On one of my meditations, the next day, at Brigid’s request, I tried to contact him. I went to the Border Plane and soon enough he sneaked up on my back to right side. He was bewildered and confused, whether due to the drugs or just his situation. I told him where he was and that soon he would get help and cross over. I expected he would visit Brigid and his home in the meantime. She felt his energy around her and on her chest, where he died.



I had previously said to Brigid that he probably would come in a dream, and sure enough a couple of days later, he had crossed over to the astral and they met. She petted him and he communicated to her that he was happy she stopped the pain and he showed her how he could now run again. “Thank you for taking away the pain; “ Look Mummy how I can run”. Brigid said he looked younger and healthier.



The next day, I decided to pay him one more visit. So in my meditation preparations, I visited the Astral and found him. I told him it was Grandpa, and he came over from a group of dogs. He sniffed, acknowledged me and then ran back to his friends. His earthly ties were weakening and he was happy with his friends. At that point I noticed ‘Light Beings’, from the mental plane, around the area. I had seen these beings in India, on one strange occasion, discussed elsewhere. They were White Light and Blue, and amorphous. I asked them, ‘What are you doing?’ and they intimated the dogs were learning. The Beings were all around them keeping them in an area or field of energy. I guessed they were being trained in a school of preparation for them to return as humans.



Everybody is still sad, but happy that Rumbles is in good hands and progressing.



The strangest thing is that intellectually I know nothing is happening but emotion has its own course, disconnected from that.
1