Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My Gurus..

My Gurus..

I'm not sure how to answer that as I can only go by coincidences...........My first Guru was a spirit called Ibn el Rasa...who used to tell me to take 'the middle path'..I was into the Sufis at the time...I found out later that this meant Son of Sweetness or Rasa like Krishna. He appeared from nowhere and continued in my meditations for some time....even when I had the heavy Kundalini experience in my Heart Cakra...

My first book on any guru was on Ramana Maharshi....my second was on Ramana my third was 'No mind I am the Self'..on Sri Lakshmana Swamy and Mathru Sri Sarada..two years after...I was following the sai baba fraud for while but with the other foot in the Ramana camp..During this period I was visited, on an ashram in India, by the Subtle Siddha Yogi and received some initiation or Diksha on the process of meditation to the mindless state. One time I was visiting my late father who lived in Wales...I went up on to the feol or hillside to meditate. Before the meditation took hold I heard two words in Welsh...I don't speak Welsh by the way..So when I came back down I asked my father what the words meant..He said they mean ' small gateway'....ok that was in 1992. For ten years--Until fairly recently I never thought about a physical embodied Guru, only the Inner Guru..So I have only concentrated on the Self...Recently however it came to my mind that I needed something else to make progress, as I seem to be stuck on the wrong side of the river...I am intellectually enlightened but that means I don't need to read anymore...However when I was reading No Mind book again, I found the phrase 'the small gateway' on page 195.. This is what I heard on the mountain in Welsh...Clwyd Bach or similar..Then I realised that an embodied Guru or duo Lakshmana and Mathru must have been monitoring my progress, as I came from the Ramana camp so to speak, as did they....So I take that to be auspicious and if I have a need for a physical guru....I use them...I imagine them in my heart as the Self and then they merge into formlessness...SO MY GURU IS STILL THE INNER SELF BUT WITH AN EMBODIED INNER.OUTER SELF as well...Cheers and Om Namah Sivaya ...Tony,

No comments: