Monday, July 11, 2011

I asked, “But what about a pure materialist,Ramana

I asked, “But what about a pure materialist, who does not believe in God. How are we to deal with him?”
Bhagavan: He will come gradually, step by step, to find out the source of ‘I’. First, adversity will make him feel that there is a power beyond his control, upsetting his plans. Then, he will begin with rituals, ceremonial worship, and through japa, kirtan, dhyana, go on to vichara...Ramana


That was my own route and in the end found there was no separate god....either...Just the Self and ultimately NirGuna..Tony

1 comment:

Tony O'Clery said...

Yes I sang and led bhajans for about 15 years...and did all the rituals, and a lot of japa and dhyana.....
26 minutes ago · Like
Tony O'Clery However at the same time I was studying Ramana and Maharaj.